Mango Smoothie is a quick, delicious and a gorgeous drink to have in the summer. Absorb the health benefits of mangoes, curd (yoghurt) and milk with an added bonus because of the addition of the extremely healthy raw turmeric.
Steps to the Mango Smoothie
Choose ripe mangoes that are firm or just slightly squishy. Set fresh curd (yoghurt) for this recipe, because it should not be sour. Also, try to get a piece of fresh turmeric. In case you are not able to find it, use 1/4 teaspoon of powdered turmeric for the yellow colour to pop.
Proportion of the Ingredients for Layer 1
For the pale layer, use mango pieces, milk and yoghurt in the proportion of 1:1:2. That is, for 1 cup each of mango and milk, add 2 cups of curd(yoghurt) along with a dash of salt and sugar.
Proportion of the Ingredients for Layer 2
For the deeper yellow mango layer, blend one and a half cups of mango pieces with an inch of turmeric, salt and sugar. End by adding 1/2 cup of water and blending again.
Assembling the Mango Smoothie
Pour the layers in pretty alternate patterns into tall mugs or glasses. Serve chilled, with ice cubes, garnished with mint leaves. You can mix the layers just before drinking it. See this video to check out what it will look like after it is mixed.
View this post on Instagram
Mango Smoothie to start up the weekend right! This smoothie in two layers is easy and fun to do. There are two secrets here… Keep the proportion of milk and fresh curd/yoghurt correct (1:2) so that you get more goodness out of this. Add a generous amount of fresh turmeric root for the gorgeous colour. #mangosmoothie #turmeric #healthydrink #summer #mangorecipe
Mango SmoothieCourse: BeveragesCuisine: IndianDifficulty: EAsy
Mango Smoothie has the benefits of mangoes, curd(yoghurt) and milk with an added bonus of the extremely healthy raw turmeric.
2 1/2 cups ripe mangoes, diced
1 inch piece of turmeric, peeled and diced
2 cups curd/yoghurt
1 cup milk
1 tsp salt
2-4 tsp sugar
mint and ice cubes to serve
- Blend 1 cup of mangoes, 1 cup of milk and 2 cups of curd with 1/2 tsp salt and 1 to 2 tsps of sugar. Keep aside.
- Now blend 1 1/2 cups of mangoes with the turmeric. After it is well blended, add 1/2 cup of water, 1/2 tsp salt and 1-2 tsp of sugar. Mix it well.
- In tall glasses pour alternate layers carefully, so that they look unique and eye-catching.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve chilled, with ice cubes.
- In case you prefer the smoothie to be thinner, add 1/4 cup of water to the blends.
- In case you are not able to find fresh turmeric, use 1/4 teaspoon of powdered turmeric
- You can add a scoop of ice cream on special occasions to make it all the more eye catching and tasty.