My Vinaigrette is a salad dressing that I fall back on whenever I need to impress. It has been moulded to my liking, and does not strictly follow the rules of a classic vinaigrette.
A bottle of this wonder adorns my fridge door permanently, so that I can toss up a gorgeous salad in minutes.Jump to Recipe
The advantage of this dressing is that it packs in the super — looks, health and taste. And all this can be transferred to your salad of the day! Use it in the salads like the Pasta Salad.
You will need to get a few herbs from the market. I always store the dry version in my pantry. So even if I do not get fresh basil/oregano/rosemary, I am always covered.
If you have a good supply of fresh herbs, then there is no need to add the dry version in your dressing. Simply add the fresh leaves to the salad itself.
The look and feel of the vinaigrette will depend on the vinegar you use. The Balsamic vinegar gives a darker colour and is equally popular at my place.
My Vinaigrette (Salad Dressing)Difficulty: Easy
This make-ahead salad dressing is a boon to have in your fridge. Just toss it up with a batch of fresh vegetables for an amazing salad.
2 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
4 tbsp apple cider/balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tbsp basil
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp oregano
- Add all the ingredients to a glass jar. Stir vigorously to mix.
- Store in the fridge. Stays well for a month.
- If you are new to the taste of raw garlic, you can grate it instead of chopping it, but do not use a paste. Another option is to lightly saute the chopped garlic in olive oil and then add to the dressing.
- Add finely chopped celery and parsley for a variation. However, adding these fresh herbs would reduce the shelf life of the dressing to 5 days.
- Before mixing it into a salad, ensure you use a spoon to stir the entire vinaigrette up. Taste the salad add more dressing if required.