Paneer and Peas Pulao is sure to find it’s place in your bookmarked recipes. All the stuff that is usually lying around in the fridge can be used to make this in a jiffy.
The best part is that no one will even come to know that it is made up of leftovers!Jump to Recipe
Ingredients for the paneer and peas rice
The first time I made this dish was when I was wondering what to do with leftover rice. I wanted an Indian recipe and this paneer and peas rice came into being!
Green chutney is a handy thing to make and store. However, it does lose it’s punch in a few days. Just keep it frozen in a small container for use on days when you want to make this dish!
Every busy person has to have green peas in the freezer. It’s the easiest thing to add to a whole host of dishes. I make my own frozen peas, but you can purchase a bag of it too.
Similarly, I always stock ginger garlic paste in the fridge… it saves time and energy. Check out my recipe for the ginger garlic paste… it keeps well in the fridge without any extra additions at all. No oil, no vinegar.
Adding the paneer ( homemade or store bought) completes the whole dish and gives it that inviting look!
Here is the video for the recipe!
Paneer and Peas Pulao with Leftover RiceCourse: MainCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Use the leftovers and the things in your freezer to make this amazing looking dish. It is very tasty indeed.
1 tbsp oil/ ghee
1 bay leaf
1 onion (sliced)
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 tbsp coriander-mint chutney
1 cup frozen peas
1 tbsp butter
2 tsp Salt
1 tsp garam masala
4 cups cooked rice
200 g paneer (cubed)
- In a hot pan, add some oil or ghee. Add cardamoms and a bay leaf
- Drop in a sliced onion and fry for a minute.
- Add a tablespoon of ginger garlic paste and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 tbsp of Coriander and Mint chutney and fry.
- In 5 minutes, add a cup of frozen peas.Stir well.
- Add a generous dollop of butter and fry for 5 minutes.
- Now add 2 tsp salt and 1 tsp of garam masala. Fry for a minute and then add ¼ cup of water.
Cover and cook this for 3 minutes.
- Now add 4 cups of cooked rice.
Mix very well. Check salt.
- Gently mix in the paneer cubes. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with raita and some papad.
- Throw in some leftover chicken or gravy or a fried egg for a special meal!