Paneer bhurji is the easiest way to get a delicious side dish ready in minutes.
Do you know that bhurji is a term in Hindi, that denotes “scrambled”. So “anda bhurji means scrambled eggs. Do you also get this happy feeling of delight when you hear this term?Jump to Recipe
In addition, it brings a smile to the cook too… any bhurji is tasty, any bhurji is easy and any bhurji is quick to make!
You can make paneer at home by curdling milk. The whey separates from the milk solids. You can find out how I make the paneer at home by following this link. It also includes a video that you can follow.
Moreover, if you add the flavour of a couple of onions and the juiciness of tomatoes with it, you have a winning combination. For young kids who object to these, you can either:
- chop them extra fine
- fry for a longer time to get them to disappear
- reduce the quantity
- leave them out all together!
Yes, this recipe is that flexible!
It is amazing with all kinds of Indian dishes. Get creative and spread it on toast or pizza! Have it as a snack with some crackers!! It will not fail to delight.
Tips to get the best paneer bhurji
For making bhurji, try to get the paneer that you make at home. Just strain the milk solids and use it in 30 minutes. Don’t press it down to remove the liquids.
It is fine if you use double toned milk for making the paneer to get a healthier meal. I use a trick… I set the curd with full cream milk. This increases the nutritional value, decreases the calories and yields softer paneer too!
In case you use set paner, add a few tablespoons of milk or fresh curds while cooking the paneer.
Add the paneer at the end, so that it does not get tough. Making paneer bhurji with gravy is easy… check the notes section after the recipe.
This ensures that the bhurji is succulent and the dish can be used with multiple main courses. It tastes great with pulao like the sweet corn pulao and as an additional side with, say, the pumpkin sweet and sour side or the bean sprout salad.
Paneer BhurjiCourse: SidesCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Paneer bhurji is a ready-in-minutes recipe that looks amazing, is easy and also ready in minutes. Suitable for a wide range of mains.
2 cups Paneer , crumbled
3 onions, chopped finely
3 tomatoes, chopped finely
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
2 chillies, slit
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper powder
1 tbsp oil/ butter/ ghee
1/2 tsp kasoori methi, crushed
- Heat oil in pan. Keep heat low.
- Fry onions for 5 minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry for 5 minutes more.
- Add tomatoes and fry for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in pepper and salt.
- Add water, cover and cook for 5-10 minutes or till water is absorbed.
- Add crumbled paneer, coriander leaves and chillies.
- Cook for 5 minutes. Now add the kasoori methi.
- Coook for a few minutes more.
- Serve hot with roties or rice.
- Be innovative and try it on toast or pizza. It will be great!
- If you want it to be having more gravy, add 3-5 tbsp fresh curd or milk with the paneer.
- You can make it with paneer made from double toned milk for added health benefits.